1.5.14

Raven











Its been sooooo long since I have made something for my online store. Being kept busy with Bespoke orders is wonderful and I love working with all my clients, creating an heirloom piece to be treasured, hearing about the things they love, trying to capture a sense of who they are from the stories and images they send, but most of all I love the fact that as soon as I have finished they are sent off for someone to love and cherish.

In saying that though the creative artist in me has been needing to emerge itself in something that has no boundary's or constraints. I didnt count how many fabrics I used but just when I thought I had my selection sorted another one would find its way in.  Cutting the fabric resembled something which you might find in a pizza kitchen slicing into fat quarters like I was using a pizza cutter not a rotary cutter.   I carefully and not so carefully (with a 2year old and 3 year old running about)  placed each fabric down moving them about like jigsaw pieces if something didn't look quite right, then I would change it, this went on for hours and days. Its amazing how shapes and colours can take on a whole new look when placed next to a lesser or more vibrant shade or pattern.

Anyhoo this little beauty is for sale here Raven Patchwork Quilt.

6 comments:

Carla said...

It is a beauty indeed. Lots going on yet the colours are soothing. Beautiful

Anonymous said...

Lovely quilt, you made me laugh when you were describing the process, pizza cutter, rotary cutter, it is lovely to play an see how fabrics belong or don't, mmmm, a bit like people.
Happy quilting and everything else you do.
Lyn

mrsrobinson said...

It is a gentle quilt to look at, yet many of the fabrics are actually a fairly bold print... very clever and will make somebody oh so happy to snuggle under!

Ann said...

i love your quilts - a real breath of fresh air compared to what a lot of "modern" quilters do. (i quilt too). i just wanted to tell you i absolutely love your style (and the style of your blog and photographs) and i would be interested in a post about your process (how you decide on the layouts for your quilt, maybe a shot of your sewing room/area). of course i will happily continue reading your blog without this, but i'd love to know a bit more about how you do what you do (so well!)
cheers!

Ann said...

ps… and also where you get your fabrics, your favourite designers, etc. thanks!

coffeeiv said...

Wow; you assembled this like the guys who stacked the fieldstone on the front of my old house and fireplace. They would look at a space, smoke a cig or take a drink from a beer, grab a stone, look at it, take another puff or swig, knock some of the stone off here and there, smear some mortar on the back, and slide it perfectly into place!